Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pat.

This is going to be a long post...
Coming back to the Uni from home is always like a hurricane. There is the backlog that takes an age to be cleared, the wonderful people you have to meet up and share vacation gossip with and finally, there is the inevitability of sinking one's self back into the grind. And that is always a problem especially after the immense flux that one's body dissolves into, in Calcutta during Durga Puja.
The flux is a little overpowering- it is a little dizzying to stand amidst an ever changing landscape of lights, colours, sounds and, most importantly, friendships. Pujas have always been a time of forming new bonds and letting go of a few old ones and I think it's only natural that a few old things give way to a few new things but it is the pace, at which that happens, that actually makes one dizzy- sometimes to the extent of nausea.
I'd let that be for the time being.
The good thing is, I finally have a room in the Uni. With a completely (thankfully) insane person who wants to place a glow in the dark mural in the room. It'd be really cool, now that I think of it. It's a small room with not much of empty space but at the end of the day, it is MY room and it already has the world's prettiest rug (thanks to Ria's timely observation). Yes, I also happen to share my name with the Roommate.
Oh, and there is the Road Trip.
So here's to a good Diwali and even better days after that :)

P.S: It's that lovely time again. Delhi winters!
P.P.S: So it wasn't that long a post,eh?

11 comments:

Neel said...

ah! Post vacation blues. But glad to know that you'll finally stop living off a suitcase. Even Cal is tired after Pujo. But there's Kali pujo to look forward to...and then winters. Winter is the best time in Cal. The city looks most beautiful during the winter. It's the festive season. Your post is nice. Am looking forward to Quilt times after reading your post.
Good luck on your road trip.

Astraeus said...

Oh beady, reading your posts always make me warm and happy

rh3a said...

that makes ur three! :)
Love, Rhea!

Magically Bored said...

Getting back to the grind after a vacation is never fun. I have this weird theory that one always needs a vacation to recover from a vacation - but then where would we be?
Ah well. Good to know you've got a room. You must be having good fun with Ria. Put up pictures soon. And yaay - winter. <3

Karthik Purushothaman said...

How does one actually think of breaking bonds at festive times? Aren't holidays an excuse to hold hands, even if grudgingly?

little boxes said...

one doesnt 'think' of breaking bonds...old things break.it's natural.

Karthik Purushothaman said...

I think the contrary.

Nothing breaks, and that's the struggle I guess.

I liked this girl as soon as I was born, maybe even before and... I still can't stop thinking about her, even if all I have as of now is just a memory.

that, and the pangs. yeah.

sujaan said...

sweet :) yes it can be dizzying....

what rug... put up a pic of it with this post :)

Subhalakshmi Roy said...

It has been almost a month that I have landed back here, and I still cant get over the lethargy. Sigh!

You know, I just realised that you are the only individual who calls me Lokkhi, to my face and in cyberspace, and doesn't piss me off as much.

D said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by the Akalpoush blog - there will be more interesting updates once the end-sems are done. Watch that space =)

Meanwhile, let me know if you guys (you, Shreya, Lav and whoever else) want to plan a trip to our village.

Take care!

reema said...

my wishes for your days ahead! :)