Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cotton

to you.for giving me the time of my life!


we met on a crowded street-
amidst a cacophony of honking cars.
and we watched the world pass by,
mixing coffee with fleeting hours.

we drew houses on an autumn afternoon-
on sheets of satin spread over the sky.
in the deep brown of our coffees,
i saw dreams coming to life in your eyes.

through rainy mornings and stormy nights,
the dreams strive,but they survive.
they plaster the walls of the house we drew;
the house believed to see us through...

8 comments:

Neel said...

the best thing u've written. I mean it. Today nothing could be more comforting than this post by you.

i.am.like.this.only said...

we drew houses on an autumn afternoon-
on sheets of satin spread over the sky.



my favouritest lines!
:D

Pongy Papaya said...

my sister does it again. makes me grow all the more insanely in love with what she does to words

loony girl said...

you make me love poetry!
you really do!!

Anonymous said...

this is just such a positive, radiant piece of writing. it glows, somehow. allofit.

Astraeus said...

through rainy mornings and stormy nights,
the dreams strive,but they survive.


Beautiful lines, i think i re read those two lines at least 5 times when i read this poem
:-)

reema said...

i love ur poem.... i really hav no betta way 2 put it!...i love ur poem!

Angika said...

I like this a lot! Very, very nice. "Mixing coffee with fleeting hours" is a good line!